Cris Carter, Fox Sports divorce over serious issue

Carrie Guzman
November 8, 2019

Further reports said Carter was unhappy he was left off of "Thursday Night Football" pregame coverage this year.

Former Vikings receiver and Hall of Famer Cris Carter is no longer employed by Fox Sports, though the reason is both unclear and described by at least one report as "serious". Carter's exit comes about a week after he went off the air. "There is no further comment at this time", the statement read.

Carter had been a panelist on FS1's "First Things First", a morning debate show that he co-hosted with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe. Carter reportedly took this as disrespect and last Wednesday, he was suspended from First Things First.

FOX also has been flying Tony Gonzalez from L.A.to NY for appearances on the Thursday pregame show, even though Carter could have done it with no travel expenses.

Ex-speaker Bercow makes Brexit a large blunder — AP Job interview
At the event, Bercow said: "I respect the prime minister and he has the right to do what he did also in the House of Commons". He added: "I think that Brexit is the biggest foreign policy mistake in the post-war period, and that is my honest view".


Rumors have effervescent as a result of reality Friday about an alleged blow-up in between Carter and his bosses at FS1.

Carter's Fox Sports bio has already been removed.

Carter came to FOX in December 2016 after successful stints with ESPN and HBO's Inside the NFL. Instead of turning to Carter, FOX brought Reggie Bush in from its Big Noon Kickoff college football show. He claims that while Carter is indeed upset about not being included on TNF, Marchand cites sources who say the "matter at hand is much worse". "Get Up", ESPN's much-hyped morning show that partially overlaps with "First Things First", was averaging just south of 350,000 viewers earlier this year.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER