Prince Charles Has Tested Positive for Coronavirus

Carrie Guzman
March 26, 2020

Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19.

Another said: "Prince Charles tested positive for #coronavirus".

Clarence House did not say where or how the prince had contracted the virus.

Prince Charles' last public engagement was also March 12 when he attended a London fundraiser for Australian wildfire relief.

The Prince is now in isolation in Scotland and is being treated by the royal doctors and his condition is said to be stable.

The couple were tested by the state-run National Health Service (NHS) in Aberdeenshire in northeast Scotland, it said.

Meanwhile, Prince Charles's spouse, the Duchess of Cornwall, 72 years old, tested negative from the disease.

Hollywood star slams accusation on Covid-19 story
Luther star Idris revealed last week he had tested positive for coronavirus and has been self-isolating with his wife since. Cardi B went on Instagram Live to share a conspiracy theory that celebrities are being paid to say they have the virus.


The 71-year-old Prince of Wales may have put his sons, Prince Harry and William at risk of contracting the coronavirus as well as he had met the two earlier during the month.

A number of household staff at Birkhall - the prince's residence on the Balmoral estate - are now self-isolating at their own homes. "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus", the statement said.

No details have been made public about exactly what symptoms Charles has displayed, except that they were mild.

This week, Health Secretary, Matt Hancock said people can go to work if they are unable to do so from their homes, reports BBC. Other members from European royal families have also tested positive for the novel coronavirus. "We will not be commenting further", the statement continued.

Queen Elizabeth II, the prince's mother, has relocated to Windsor Castle to shelter from the COVID-19 pandemic.

New research reportedly suggests that it can take up to 11 days to notice symptoms, which means the Queen could have been potentially exposed on March 12.

Buckingham Palace also released a statement following the news saying, "The queen remains in good health".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER