'Main suspect in Kevin Lunney kidnap dies'

Nellie Chapman
November 11, 2019

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has met with the five directors of Quinn Industrial Holdings.

After the attack, Mr Lunney was dumped by a road in County Cavan, 22 miles (35km) away, where he was found by a member of the public.

"I wanted to hear their views and assure them of the Government's support for QIH, which employs more than 800 people in Ireland and Northern Ireland, and is an integral part of the community".

Searches are taking place at a number of locations in Ireland and the United Kingdom this morning in relation to Lunney's abduction and torture.

Investigators are continuing to appeal to anyone with any information on this "vicious criminal attack or any other criminal activities which have taken place in the Cavan/Fermanagh border area over recent years" to contact them.

Mr Lunney, a father of six, had his leg broken, was slashed with a knife and doused with bleach in a two-and-a-half hour ordeal.

Kevin Lunney, pictured in the BBC Spotlight programme this week.

Google, Facebook Looking To Change Political Ad Policies Under Increasing Pressure
The startling claim sent shockwaves and even forced companies like Facebook and Google to rethink its policies. At present, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Google and YouTube allow political advertising on their platforms.

Justice minister Charlie Flanagan said: "The establishment of the first ever AGS-PSNI Joint Investigation Team involving Eurojust is a very significant and positive development".

The main suspect in an investigation into the abduction and torture of Kevin Lunney has died during a police search of his home in Derbyshire on Friday.

A spokesperson for Derbyshire Police confirmed that he was taken ill during a search this morning and later died.

No one has been arrested, with police on both sides of the border under mounting pressure to bring the perpetrators to justice.

"I am pleased that 150 additional officers have been assigned to the region in the last two years following a hard period for policing arising from the 2010 closure of Templemore College".

The attack came amid five years of co-ordinated intimidation of businesses which own companies formerly run by Irish business tycoon, Sean Quinn.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article