Almost 500 new cases of COVID-19 cases in Ontario today

Laverne Higgins
September 28, 2020

The orders were issued after TPH said each establishment did not take the necessary steps to protect the public and their employees from the spread of COVID-19.

King Taps is now conducting a deep cleaning of its premises and a "review of on-site practises and protocols".

In an Instagram post Friday night, MARBL said it would be closed for the weekend due to "unforeseen circumstances".

The province's top doctor said that 42,500 tests were completed on that day.

Earlier this summer, MARBL attracted criticism - and an investigation from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario - when a video appeared to show a crowded indoor party that violated COVID-19 regulations.

"We urge all customers of Crews between September 18 and September 20 to go get tested to prevent any further spreading of the virus", the company said in an Instagram post.

49ers' Mullens to start at QB vs. Giants
Garoppolo isn't expected to practice on Wednesday and it's unlikely Garoppolo will be ready to go just a week after the injury. Only Patrick Mahomes, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton racked up more.


Ontario reported that the province had 491 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, the highest number since May 2.

According to Medical Officer of Health Dr. Eileen de Villa, investigators with the city also became aware of concerns regarding staff being pressured to work while ill at one of the locations and found that the operators of at least one business were "frequently uncooperative" with officials.

Casa Mezcal has not yet publicly acknowledged the closure at time of writing.

She also noted that Toronto reported 236 new coronavirus infections raising the total confirmed cases to 18,363, with 15,725 recovered.

Five are staff and two were patrons, Toronto Public Health said.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER