New Queensland Covid case is husband of woman who breached Victoria lockdown

Carrie Guzman
June 14, 2021

While it was yesterday announced that masks would only be mandatory in indoor settings and outdoor settings where you can not maintain a 1.5-metre distance, it's now been ruled that masks will still be mandatory outdoors as well. It was previously reported by authorities that the man had a young family.

Meanwhile, contact tracing estimates an approximate of 2000 active primary close contacts in the state, but Health Minister Martin Foley said that number was now in a "downward trajectory".

'What these figures tell us, they continue to give us confidence that the system is working, ' Mr Foley said.

Travellers on the flight needed to have returned a negative Covid-19 test within the past 72 hours, and sign a declaration saying they had not visited a place of interest.

But officials still haven't sourced six "mystery cases".

"What I'm a little bit concerned about is being well-advanced now - we're nearly two and a half to three weeks into this outbreak - but we're still finding new branches", he said.

The state expects to announce further easing of COVID-19 restrictions this week, acting Premier James Merlino said on Sunday, as a strict two-week lockdown was successful in taming the virus.

Most of the residents will only be required to isolate until they receive a negative result, but there are a select amount of people in the complex who will be forced to undergo 14 days quarantine.

Victorian COVID-19 testing commander Jeroen Weimar.

Trump say 'not too interested' in gettinng back on Facebook
Trump also derided Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg after he was suspended from the company's social media platforms for two years. The origin of the virus remains hotly contested and remains under study by USA intelligence agencies.


It's due to the fact that a number of new cases have not been linked to any particular outbreak.

Authorities said the couple left the outskirts of Greater Melbourne on June 1, five days after Victoria went into a snap lockdown.

Mr Weimar said it looked increasingly like the Melton couple were coming to the end of their infectious period when they tested positive for COVID-19.

There were two new cases of Covid yesterday and one person with coronavirus is being treated at Middlemore Hospital after being transferred from the Jet Park Hotel MIQ facility overnight on Monday.

The Department of Health also added 19 new exposure sites late on Friday, including a takeaway shop at Southern Cross Station, a souvlaki shop in Thornbury, and a medical centre, service station and chemist in Taylors Hill.

The complex has not been listed as a public exposure site.

There were just over 130 exposure sites on Saturday morning.

Stay across the most crucial developments related to the pandemic with the Coronavirus Update.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER